Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Weekend Running in Zurich

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Weekend Running in Zurich

Hi,

I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in joining me for a 2-3 hour run on Saturday or Sundays.  My weekend runs are not fast at all, just very steady, the route I use is the track next to the river from Hongg and then follow it down towards Baden, I don't always go as far as Baden though.  

I'm not training for anything specific at the moment but I like to get out for at least 2 hours on the weekend but it can be extremely dull on your own so it would be good to chew the fat with someone!

Cheers,
Colin 

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in joining me for a 2-3 hour run on Saturday or Sundays.  My weekend runs are not fast at all, just very steady, the route I use is the track next to the river from Hongg and then follow it down towards Baden, I don't always go as far as Baden though.  

I'm not training for anything specific at the moment but I like to get out for at least 2 hours on the weekend but it can be extremely dull on your own so it would be good to chew the fat with someone!

Cheers,
Colin 

Col GrahamMay 29, 2010 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1750 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Weekend Running in Zurich
Post 1

Hi Colin,

Im British as well..people from Scotland do consider themselves as British right :-P

I do like running but only have managed almost 10km and run at anout 6min30secs per km..pretty slow.

I would like to challenge myself and run longer but maybe I am too slow for you.

Hi Colin,

Im British as well..people from Scotland do consider themselves as British right :-P

I do like running but only have managed almost 10km and run at anout 6min30secs per km..pretty slow.

I would like to challenge myself and run longer but maybe I am too slow for you.

Gomti Ravji, Jul 14, 2010 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Graham

If you're still looking for a partner, I like to go every second weekend either from Zurich to Baden or to the Kloster Fahr and back. With this distance, I go about 5:20 / km.

Let me know if you want to run sometime.

Cheers

Robin

Hi Graham

If you're still looking for a partner, I like to go every second weekend either from Zurich to Baden or to the Kloster Fahr and back. With this distance, I go about 5:20 / km.

Let me know if you want to run sometime.

Cheers

Robin

Robin G, Jul 23, 2010 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey guys,

I'm quite busy the next few weekends but I'll pm you both soon and see if we can get something organised!!

Gomti - For the distance...my long runs do go further than 10k but there is no reason why you couldn't just double back at the 5k point...to join might also spur you on a bit to increase your mileage (not too much too quickly though :-)) 

Given the choice on my profile I would have put from Scotland but I'm fine with being British anyway :-)

Cheers,
Colin

Hey guys,

I'm quite busy the next few weekends but I'll pm you both soon and see if we can get something organised!!

Gomti - For the distance...my long runs do go further than 10k but there is no reason why you couldn't just double back at the 5k point...to join might also spur you on a bit to increase your mileage (not too much too quickly though :-)) 

Given the choice on my profile I would have put from Scotland but I'm fine with being British anyway :-)

Cheers,
Colin

Col Graham, Aug 3, 2010 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

HI Colin, I can join as well in October, so keep me posted on your next run. I am flexible on distance,direction, speed. Thanks! Steve

HI Colin, I can join as well in October, so keep me posted on your next run. I am flexible on distance,direction, speed. Thanks! Steve

stevesadler, Aug 27, 2010 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I'm up for a run too. Please copy me in when you're planning. Thanks.

I'm up for a run too. Please copy me in when you're planning. Thanks.

Peter L, Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi guys,

I'd be happy to have a run with you from november!! I can do 10 km "gently"!!

let me know if that's fine :))

cheersLaughing

Hi guys,

I'd be happy to have a run with you from november!! I can do 10 km "gently"!!

let me know if that's fine :))

cheersLaughing

Christine Nava, Oct 19, 2010 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hi Folks, anyone up for a run tomorrow morning? I'll be setting off from the city in the morning and will be out for a couple of hours just very steady 10/11kph if anyone wants to join.

Cheers,
Colin
Hi Folks, anyone up for a run tomorrow morning? I'll be setting off from the city in the morning and will be out for a couple of hours just very steady 10/11kph if anyone wants to join.

Cheers,
Colin
Col Graham, Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1750 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form