Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > swimming pools

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
swimming pools
After one month of living in Zurich, I would like to start doing some exercise.  Since I like swimming, I would greatly appreciate if  someone can help me if there are public pools in Zurich and how much do they charge. I live near Bahnhof Wiedikon, but I know my way very well around using public transportation.  Thank you in advance.   

The text you are quoting:
After one month of living in Zurich, I would like to start doing some exercise.  Since I like swimming, I would greatly appreciate if  someone can help me if there are public pools in Zurich and how much do they charge. I live near Bahnhof Wiedikon, but I know my way very well around using public transportation.  Thank you in advance.   

Byron POct 4, 2009 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 5197 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: swimming pools
Post 1

Hello fellow Kreis 3 resident (unless you're unlucky enough to be over the border in badlands of kreis 4 (shudder)) ;)

Am not a great swimmer but since no one else has replied the one pool I know of is quite close, just over the Sihl near Haus Konstruktiv and the stock exchange:

Google Maps

Haven't been in myself but it is actually a beautiful elegant building with huge windows and probably a nice place to swim. Have heard it gets a bit crowded though.

Hello fellow Kreis 3 resident (unless you're unlucky enough to be over the border in badlands of kreis 4 (shudder)) ;)

Am not a great swimmer but since no one else has replied the one pool I know of is quite close, just over the Sihl near Haus Konstruktiv and the stock exchange:

Google Maps

Haven't been in myself but it is actually a beautiful elegant building with huge windows and probably a nice place to swim. Have heard it gets a bit crowded though.

rich_t, Oct 5, 2009 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It's labelled 'B' on the Google map. btw...
It's labelled 'B' on the Google map. btw...
rich_t, Oct 5, 2009 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 Thank you Rick, I would go there for sure ...
Since you work in IT as
well.. would like to talk about that.. I used to work in IT
myself...
Regards
Byron
 Thank you Rick, I would go there for sure ...
Since you work in IT as
well.. would like to talk about that.. I used to work in IT
myself...
Regards
Byron
Byron P, Oct 6, 2009 @ 00:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
For those interested... I found a much closer pool, or hallenbad (hey! I am learning my german) at the following address:

Hallenbad City
Sihlstrasse 71
8001 Zürich

Telefon 044/219 77 22
Fax 044/219 77 28

I bought the winter pass (185 fr) and it works until April...

I went to the one you recommend me Rich, but it was too far away, meanwhile Silhstrasse is just two tramstations away from where I am.

Byron

For those interested... I found a much closer pool, or hallenbad (hey! I am learning my german) at the following address:

Hallenbad City
Sihlstrasse 71
8001 Zürich

Telefon 044/219 77 22
Fax 044/219 77 28

I bought the winter pass (185 fr) and it works until April...

I went to the one you recommend me Rich, but it was too far away, meanwhile Silhstrasse is just two tramstations away from where I am.

Byron

Byron P, Oct 10, 2009 @ 23:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Now I'm a bit confused, the one on Sihlstrasse is the one I recommended, labelled B on the Google Map... Anyway, you found a place to swim, that's the main thing :)  
Now I'm a bit confused, the one on Sihlstrasse is the one I recommended, labelled B on the Google Map... Anyway, you found a place to swim, that's the main thing :)  
rich_t, Oct 11, 2009 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 HI Rich, then i misread the map and I went all the way to another hallenbad too far, thinking that was the one you recommend me... but the map helped me to find other ones, among them the one that you really recommend me!
Take care and thanks again!
Byron
 HI Rich, then i misread the map and I went all the way to another hallenbad too far, thinking that was the one you recommend me... but the map helped me to find other ones, among them the one that you really recommend me!
Take care and thanks again!
Byron
Byron P, Oct 14, 2009 @ 08:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Yes.. Indeed.. it is crowded.. but, since my schedule allow me to.. I usually go from 9 to 10, so it allow me to do my exercise without much interruption... I tried different times and for me that's the one that works for me the best.  Also I grew up swimming in a 50mts pool so it is perfect for me.
Thanks for your help.... I am swimming after 20 years in a regular basis (daily) and really enjoying it!
Regards,
Byron
Yes.. Indeed.. it is crowded.. but, since my schedule allow me to.. I usually go from 9 to 10, so it allow me to do my exercise without much interruption... I tried different times and for me that's the one that works for me the best.  Also I grew up swimming in a 50mts pool so it is perfect for me.
Thanks for your help.... I am swimming after 20 years in a regular basis (daily) and really enjoying it!
Regards,
Byron
Byron P, Nov 1, 2009 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 5197 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form