Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > SUP spots around Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SUP spots around Geneva?

Hello,

I just bought a couple of Stand Up Paddle boards for my gf and I, and looking for some recommendations for places to go, or routes, for strong beginners - intermediate paddlers.

Anyone willing to meet up and show us around, would be great too Laughing

Thanks in advance,

Jason

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I just bought a couple of Stand Up Paddle boards for my gf and I, and looking for some recommendations for places to go, or routes, for strong beginners - intermediate paddlers.

Anyone willing to meet up and show us around, would be great too Laughing

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason MJun 6, 2018 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 214 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: SUP spots around Geneva?
Post 1

Hi Jason,

Montreux is probably a bit out of the way for you, but the Montreux-Villineuve-Le Bouveret area is full of SUP'ers.

I see its more crowded on weekends and probably more fun too!

Let me know if you need any more information on the area

Ciao

Hi Jason,

Montreux is probably a bit out of the way for you, but the Montreux-Villineuve-Le Bouveret area is full of SUP'ers.

I see its more crowded on weekends and probably more fun too!

Let me know if you need any more information on the area

Ciao

Suleman Shah, Jun 11, 2018 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

When the water quieten down, get in after about 200m down from the sluice gate on lake Geneva (Quai du Seujet), there is a slip way for easy access, you can paddle about 6km all the way to Vernier, where you can get out, pack your board and catch a bus back to Geneva. We usually Kayak down the Arve which joins the Rhone at that point. Seen loads of paddlers.

When the water quieten down, get in after about 200m down from the sluice gate on lake Geneva (Quai du Seujet), there is a slip way for easy access, you can paddle about 6km all the way to Vernier, where you can get out, pack your board and catch a bus back to Geneva. We usually Kayak down the Arve which joins the Rhone at that point. Seen loads of paddlers.

Brett W, Jun 13, 2018 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

https://leman-plages.ch/plage/pregny-chambesy/plage-du-reposoir

http://www.vengeron.net/page/webcam.php 

http://ge.ch/eau/baignades-et-plages/acces-publics-au-lac/rive-droite/le-vengeron

https://leman-plages.ch/plage/pregny-chambesy/plage-du-reposoir

http://www.vengeron.net/page/webcam.php 

http://ge.ch/eau/baignades-et-plages/acces-publics-au-lac/rive-droite/le-vengeron

SWISS, Jun 13, 2018 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Brett,

Very valuable information. Thanks for sharing :-)

I have a inflatable kayak, I am mostly bobbing about in the lake, always wanted to go down a river(done it once with my friends down the Rhone from Martigny to Le Bouveret, but apparently its forbidden so can't try that again!

Please can you share some more information on the Arve route?also others if you of any

Where do you start from on the Arve? Public transport or parking spots nearby etc etc

It  could probably do be a candidate for a glocals event(once we have tested the route for difficulty level)

Thanks again!

Ciao

Hey Brett,

Very valuable information. Thanks for sharing :-)

I have a inflatable kayak, I am mostly bobbing about in the lake, always wanted to go down a river(done it once with my friends down the Rhone from Martigny to Le Bouveret, but apparently its forbidden so can't try that again!

Please can you share some more information on the Arve route?also others if you of any

Where do you start from on the Arve? Public transport or parking spots nearby etc etc

It  could probably do be a candidate for a glocals event(once we have tested the route for difficulty level)

Thanks again!

Ciao

Suleman Shah, Jun 13, 2018 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I don’t know about that area but we all have inflatable kayak rafts and we go down the Arve, especially loving the areas with rapids. We’ve done sections as high up as Passey but generally head down from Annemasse to Jonction in Geneva, there are 6 or 7 good grade 3 max rapids and then we finish up with several beers at the hippy bar in Jonction. It’s great. You must however have a life vest or PFV and a helmet. Don’t go down without solo or without another boat in the water either. If you ever want to join us, inbox me.

I don’t know about that area but we all have inflatable kayak rafts and we go down the Arve, especially loving the areas with rapids. We’ve done sections as high up as Passey but generally head down from Annemasse to Jonction in Geneva, there are 6 or 7 good grade 3 max rapids and then we finish up with several beers at the hippy bar in Jonction. It’s great. You must however have a life vest or PFV and a helmet. Don’t go down without solo or without another boat in the water either. If you ever want to join us, inbox me.

Brett W, Jun 13, 2018 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jun 13, 18 16:02

Oh, I forgot, if you go down and neither you or you buddy have done the section, scout each rapid section before the decent. If you start above Annemasse, just beware of the dam a few km from Anemasse, it’s probably the most dangerous area, just walk that section. Other than that, it’s safe.

Oh, I forgot, if you go down and neither you or you buddy have done the section, scout each rapid section before the decent. If you start above Annemasse, just beware of the dam a few km from Anemasse, it’s probably the most dangerous area, just walk that section. Other than that, it’s safe.

Brett W, Jun 13, 2018 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

great!

thank you all, heading out tomorrow to check out some spots 

merci