Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi my name is Kevin, I have been in Geneva for two weeks.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi my name is Kevin, I have been in Geneva for two weeks.

Hello to everybody here!

I am working iand living n Geneva and after two weeks I am feeling like I need to get out and experience as much as I can, especially at the weekends. 

I am from Coventry UK and I am interested in everything, almost! ;)

one of the main things I want to do is go to Aiguille du Midiin Chamonix... And Annecy ..

suggestions welcome for things to do 

Best

Kev

The text you are quoting:

Hello to everybody here!

I am working iand living n Geneva and after two weeks I am feeling like I need to get out and experience as much as I can, especially at the weekends. 

I am from Coventry UK and I am interested in everything, almost! ;)

one of the main things I want to do is go to Aiguille du Midiin Chamonix... And Annecy ..

suggestions welcome for things to do 

Best

Kev

Kevin CaseJul 12, 2014 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1350 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi my name is Kevin, I have been in Geneva for two weeks.
Post 1

Re Aiguille du Midi. Assuming you are not a skier or alpiniste then there is no problem in going to Aiguille du Midi. Justz check the weather forecast to make sure there is no cloud and visibility is good (eg the day followingm heavy rain.  Whether you go on your own to appreciaite the beauty of the mountains, with someone who can tell you a little about the history etc, or with a group of whatever is up to you.  It is open everyday and you can lunch there, get off at the mid station on the way down where easy-ish walks are possible. 

Re Aiguille du Midi. Assuming you are not a skier or alpiniste then there is no problem in going to Aiguille du Midi. Justz check the weather forecast to make sure there is no cloud and visibility is good (eg the day followingm heavy rain.  Whether you go on your own to appreciaite the beauty of the mountains, with someone who can tell you a little about the history etc, or with a group of whatever is up to you.  It is open everyday and you can lunch there, get off at the mid station on the way down where easy-ish walks are possible. 

Paul E, Jul 12, 2014 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Paul, much appreciated!

Thanks Paul, much appreciated!

Kevin Case, Jul 12, 2014 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There was a hike organized at Aiguilles du Midi not so long ago. Every week end a lot of hikes are organized either From Geneva or Lausanne. Annecy is also a place where some groups have gone in the past. 

There was a hike organized at Aiguilles du Midi not so long ago. Every week end a lot of hikes are organized either From Geneva or Lausanne. Annecy is also a place where some groups have gone in the past. 

Myriam A, Jul 13, 2014 @ 09:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There are no hikes from the Chamonix Aiguille du Midi (only alpinism). As I think I stated in my previous post  there is a walk which goes from the middle station towards Montenvers - it is sign posted but have never done it. It is clearly marked on all maps and I thinjk it is not too difficult

There are no hikes from the Chamonix Aiguille du Midi (only alpinism). As I think I stated in my previous post  there is a walk which goes from the middle station towards Montenvers - it is sign posted but have never done it. It is clearly marked on all maps and I thinjk it is not too difficult

Paul E, Jul 13, 2014 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/lausanne/69812.htm

There is a cable car going all the way up to Aiguilles du Midi. That's what we did. Then we went back down to the middle station and hiked to Montenvers, passing by the Mer de Glace. It was a beautiful hike.

http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/lausanne/69812.htm

There is a cable car going all the way up to Aiguilles du Midi. That's what we did. Then we went back down to the middle station and hiked to Montenvers, passing by the Mer de Glace. It was a beautiful hike.

Myriam A, Jul 13, 2014 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi, my name is also Kevin, and I have been here nearly 3 weeks now.  I'm also aiming to head to the mountains on the weekends, particularly Chamonix.  I'm not an extreme mountaineer but in reasonable health and fitness.  If you want to plan something together that would be great. 

Kevin.

Hi, my name is also Kevin, and I have been here nearly 3 weeks now.  I'm also aiming to head to the mountains on the weekends, particularly Chamonix.  I'm not an extreme mountaineer but in reasonable health and fitness.  If you want to plan something together that would be great. 

Kevin.

Kevin M, Jul 13, 2014 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks for the information!

Kevin, sounds like a plan! I will add you as a friend so we can organise something

Best

Thanks for the information!

Kevin, sounds like a plan! I will add you as a friend so we can organise something

Best

Kevin Case, Jul 14, 2014 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Kevin,

i arrived on Monday and would be up for meeting for beers/wine so we can get to know GVE more. Message if interested.

Danny

Hi Kevin,

i arrived on Monday and would be up for meeting for beers/wine so we can get to know GVE more. Message if interested.

Danny

Danny Jackson, Jul 20, 2014 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1350 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form