Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Intensive French Course

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Intensive French Course

Hello,

I just moved to Geneva and am now on the look out for an intensive effective French course where I can learn how to speak, read and write.

I can see there are a number of language schools available and also courses at the university from time to time. 

I am interested in starting, preferably, within the next couple of weeks and learning about the pros and cons of different options. 

If you have experiences of specific language schools (to choose or not to choose), or can recommend a particular one, please get back to me.

With best regards, Malene

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I just moved to Geneva and am now on the look out for an intensive effective French course where I can learn how to speak, read and write.

I can see there are a number of language schools available and also courses at the university from time to time. 

I am interested in starting, preferably, within the next couple of weeks and learning about the pros and cons of different options. 

If you have experiences of specific language schools (to choose or not to choose), or can recommend a particular one, please get back to me.

With best regards, Malene

malene molding nFeb 14, 2018 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 7085 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Intensive French Course
Post 1

Hello Malene,

I personally learned french in Geneva by goign to iFage, a private school in the Plainpalais area (Augustin tram stop). Have a look at their website for courses: https://www.ifage.ch/.

I've taken the intensive courses, each module is 5 weeks, 5 times a week from 9 to 12 in the morning. and it used to be around 1000chf 10 years ago.

I highly recommend this school.

Good luck

Hello Malene,

I personally learned french in Geneva by goign to iFage, a private school in the Plainpalais area (Augustin tram stop). Have a look at their website for courses: https://www.ifage.ch/.

I've taken the intensive courses, each module is 5 weeks, 5 times a week from 9 to 12 in the morning. and it used to be around 1000chf 10 years ago.

I highly recommend this school.

Good luck

Sinan, Feb 15, 2018 @ 07:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear Sinan,

Thank you,I will check out the web site.

With best regards, malene

Dear Sinan,

Thank you,I will check out the web site.

With best regards, malene

malene molding n, Feb 15, 2018 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Recently I did a 2-week french intensive course at UNIGE. It was great! Lots of speaking, listening and interaction. It's 3h morning class + 1.5h afternoon class. Pretty intensive considering I need to study and do the homework in the evening. Do check out their summer intensive courses. 

A friend recommended Association decouvrir. Do note that it's too late to enroll in any classes now and the next semester starts in april. 

Recently I did a 2-week french intensive course at UNIGE. It was great! Lots of speaking, listening and interaction. It's 3h morning class + 1.5h afternoon class. Pretty intensive considering I need to study and do the homework in the evening. Do check out their summer intensive courses. 

A friend recommended Association decouvrir. Do note that it's too late to enroll in any classes now and the next semester starts in april. 

Melissa Wong, Feb 23, 2018 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

www.learn-french-geneva.com

glocals memebers' reviews here:

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/

Hi,

www.learn-french-geneva.com

glocals memebers' reviews here:

http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/learn-french-geneva/

hay_, Feb 24, 2018 @ 06:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Dear Malene,

Welcome to beautiful Geneva!

I am the founder of school Language Coaching Geneva and would be happy to teach you French to get you speaking asap!

You are welcome to check out our website and social medias to read some of our client's very positive feedback.

For beginners, i highly recommend 1-1 courses simply because your teacher is able to tailor the course 100% to you, your style, pace, schedule and objectives. At a later stage, group lessons is also a goog idea. I will be glad to also ensure that you lead a happy life in Geneva and as a true Swiss/Genevoise, I can help you with almost anything you may need.

Feel free to contact me via the website and send me a pm should you like to discuss further.

Have a lovely day!Laughing

www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch

Dear Malene,

Welcome to beautiful Geneva!

I am the founder of school Language Coaching Geneva and would be happy to teach you French to get you speaking asap!

You are welcome to check out our website and social medias to read some of our client's very positive feedback.

For beginners, i highly recommend 1-1 courses simply because your teacher is able to tailor the course 100% to you, your style, pace, schedule and objectives. At a later stage, group lessons is also a goog idea. I will be glad to also ensure that you lead a happy life in Geneva and as a true Swiss/Genevoise, I can help you with almost anything you may need.

Feel free to contact me via the website and send me a pm should you like to discuss further.

Have a lovely day!Laughing

www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch

Rachelle P, Aug 2, 2018 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

There are many online teaching resources available in the online market but I suggest you to 'Select My Tutor' where well qualified french teachers will learn language from basic to professional level. They will teach you about how to speak and write with grammar updates in french language.

There are many online teaching resources available in the online market but I suggest you to 'Select My Tutor' where well qualified french teachers will learn language from basic to professional level. They will teach you about how to speak and write with grammar updates in french language.

Leesa Johnson, Aug 9, 2018 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello, Malene! Can you tell me wich school you chosed and how it is? I want toi, to attent an intensive french cours and I am still searching . Thank you

Hello, Malene! Can you tell me wich school you chosed and how it is? I want toi, to attent an intensive french cours and I am still searching . Thank you

Maria Alecsoiu, Aug 13, 2018 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Privates lessons are the best, if you can afford them. Otherwise iFage and other schools are a good start too.

Like any other language, it depends on how much time and effort you put into it. There are tons of online free resources that can complement your lessons. I particulary enjoy "Français avec Pierre" in youtube.

I'd say having a good teacher who knows how to teach is the most important thing. There are a lot of mediocre teachers out there, so do not hesitate to change teachers until you find a good match.

Enthusiasm from your side will help you to do the extra effort. Music, cinema and books are a fun way to study as well. There are some books targeted for foreign students with limited/simplified vocabulary.  I've read a lot of them and it helped me to dive into French literature. You'll find the great classics such as Victor Hugo, Dumas, Jules Verne, etc. You can buy these books in Fnac.

If you are lucky to interact with francophones, make the most of it, it's surely a great way to improve your learning.

Allez, courage!

Privates lessons are the best, if you can afford them. Otherwise iFage and other schools are a good start too.

Like any other language, it depends on how much time and effort you put into it. There are tons of online free resources that can complement your lessons. I particulary enjoy "Français avec Pierre" in youtube.

I'd say having a good teacher who knows how to teach is the most important thing. There are a lot of mediocre teachers out there, so do not hesitate to change teachers until you find a good match.

Enthusiasm from your side will help you to do the extra effort. Music, cinema and books are a fun way to study as well. There are some books targeted for foreign students with limited/simplified vocabulary.  I've read a lot of them and it helped me to dive into French literature. You'll find the great classics such as Victor Hugo, Dumas, Jules Verne, etc. You can buy these books in Fnac.

If you are lucky to interact with francophones, make the most of it, it's surely a great way to improve your learning.

Allez, courage!

geojusto, Aug 14, 2018 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Dear Malene, I am Swiss/Genevoise French private language coach and i would be happy to give you intensive French classes. You may read reviews on my website (www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch) and or on my facebook page Language Coaching Geneva.

All the best!

Dear Malene, I am Swiss/Genevoise French private language coach and i would be happy to give you intensive French classes. You may read reviews on my website (www.languagecoachinggeneva.ch) and or on my facebook page Language Coaching Geneva.

All the best!

Rachelle P, Aug 14, 2018 @ 10:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi

I m planning to  go intensive claseses too. Can I ask how many people  in your class, I checked but couldnt see any info regarding  max number of people they accept 

Thank you 

Hi

I m planning to  go intensive claseses too. Can I ask how many people  in your class, I checked but couldnt see any info regarding  max number of people they accept 

Thank you 

selin ilik, Oct 10, 2019 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I know it has been at least two years since this post. I am moving to Geneva in January and I am looking for a good French intensive course. Can any one recommend a good course or a good school to attend?

I know it has been at least two years since this post. I am moving to Geneva in January and I am looking for a good French intensive course. Can any one recommend a good course or a good school to attend?

Bianca Gonzalez, Dec 7, 2020 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello Bianca,

Here some French courses, cheap ones in Geneva
plus a French conversation group that is free to attend
https://www.upcge.ch/en/courses

https://www.croix-rouge-ge.ch/formations/grand-public/cours-de-francais/cours-intensif-de-francais

https://ovpe.ch/cours-ateliers/

https://ovpe.ch/groupe-de-conversation/

If you have any questions/doubts related to the classes, or related to the city of Geneva, shoot me a message, I'll answer to you questions with pleasure

Cheers,

Hello Bianca,

Here some French courses, cheap ones in Geneva
plus a French conversation group that is free to attend
https://www.upcge.ch/en/courses

https://www.croix-rouge-ge.ch/formations/grand-public/cours-de-francais/cours-intensif-de-francais

https://ovpe.ch/cours-ateliers/

https://ovpe.ch/groupe-de-conversation/

If you have any questions/doubts related to the classes, or related to the city of Geneva, shoot me a message, I'll answer to you questions with pleasure

Cheers,

Jaime Barria, Dec 7, 2020 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 7085 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form