Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Racist Posts 2

Hi All,

I have posted few weeks ago a tread about some racist posts http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Racist-Posts----126105.htm%23msg_126379

I would like to show you and to the Glocals Admins what the Swiss Penal Code says about it and which actions you are able to take.

“Those who publicly incites hatred or discrimination against a person or group of persons because of their racial, ethnic or religious;

Those who publicly propagates an ideology aiming to disparage or denigrate systematically members of a particular race, ethnicity or religion;

Those who, for the same purpose, has organized or encouraged acts of propaganda or takes part;

Those who has publicly, in speech, writing, image, gesture, by assault or otherwise discriminated against or lowered in a way that undermines human dignity a person or group of persons because of their race, their ethnicity or their religion or who, for the same reason, deny, grossly minimize or seek to justify genocide or other crimes against humanity;

Those who having refused to a person or group of persons because of their racial, ethnic or religious, a service intended for public use,

shall be punished with imprisonment of three years or a fine.”

You can find more information on:

http://www.ekr.admin.ch/themen/00042/00054/index.html?lang=fr

The 3 posts below that I mentioned in my original thread

“there is much suffering in the world and a great deal of it is created by extreme moslems”

“the point is the Arabs are sore losers”

“what did the palestinians ever contribute to the world besides voting the Hamas in, sending rockets to Israel and playing the victim constantly ?”

can be sentenced under article 261 bis of the Swiss Penal Code.

In the future if you have faced to this kind of posts, there are 2 alternatives actions:

- Register a discrimination complaint over racist post according to the article 261 bis of the Swiss Penal Code.

- Contact the Swiss Coordination Unit for Cybercrime Control (CYCO) http://www.cybercrime.ch. This service is also responsible for matters of racism on the Internet. It shall, where appropriate, send the case to the criminal prosecution authorities.

And then the authorities will decide how to handle your case…

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I have posted few weeks ago a tread about some racist posts http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Racist-Posts----126105.htm%23msg_126379

I would like to show you and to the Glocals Admins what the Swiss Penal Code says about it and which actions you are able to take.

“Those who publicly incites hatred or discrimination against a person or group of persons because of their racial, ethnic or religious;

Those who publicly propagates an ideology aiming to disparage or denigrate systematically members of a particular race, ethnicity or religion;

Those who, for the same purpose, has organized or encouraged acts of propaganda or takes part;

Those who has publicly, in speech, writing, image, gesture, by assault or otherwise discriminated against or lowered in a way that undermines human dignity a person or group of persons because of their race, their ethnicity or their religion or who, for the same reason, deny, grossly minimize or seek to justify genocide or other crimes against humanity;

Those who having refused to a person or group of persons because of their racial, ethnic or religious, a service intended for public use,

shall be punished with imprisonment of three years or a fine.”

You can find more information on:

http://www.ekr.admin.ch/themen/00042/00054/index.html?lang=fr

The 3 posts below that I mentioned in my original thread

“there is much suffering in the world and a great deal of it is created by extreme moslems”

“the point is the Arabs are sore losers”

“what did the palestinians ever contribute to the world besides voting the Hamas in, sending rockets to Israel and playing the victim constantly ?”

can be sentenced under article 261 bis of the Swiss Penal Code.

In the future if you have faced to this kind of posts, there are 2 alternatives actions:

- Register a discrimination complaint over racist post according to the article 261 bis of the Swiss Penal Code.

- Contact the Swiss Coordination Unit for Cybercrime Control (CYCO) http://www.cybercrime.ch. This service is also responsible for matters of racism on the Internet. It shall, where appropriate, send the case to the criminal prosecution authorities.

And then the authorities will decide how to handle your case…

Felipe MarcianoJun 7, 2011 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1500 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Racist Posts 2
Post 1

Thanks Felipe, it is very useful to know what the Swiss Penal Code says about it. 

I really like the “Those who, for the same purpose, has organized or encouraged acts of propaganda or takes part;”

Thanks Felipe, it is very useful to know what the Swiss Penal Code says about it. 

I really like the “Those who, for the same purpose, has organized or encouraged acts of propaganda or takes part;”

Geoffrey L, Jun 7, 2011 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I will probably be accused of being a hypocrite - lets face it one of the great things about the net is that it does allow you to voice your opinion...even if the opinion is hateful or misguided - people generally realise if things are exaggerated online. A lot of stuff would never get said face to face in real life.

I just accept most nonsense as simply some virtual letting off of steam...but then again I am a stubborn opionated asshole a lot of the time

I will probably be accused of being a hypocrite - lets face it one of the great things about the net is that it does allow you to voice your opinion...even if the opinion is hateful or misguided - people generally realise if things are exaggerated online. A lot of stuff would never get said face to face in real life.

I just accept most nonsense as simply some virtual letting off of steam...but then again I am a stubborn opionated asshole a lot of the time

leo tincrowdor, Jun 7, 2011 @ 20:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

> what did the palestinians ever contribute to the world

shades of Harry Lime

> what did the palestinians ever contribute to the world

shades of Harry Lime

David G, Jun 7, 2011 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

OK, point made about the legal options. 

Given that the point is now made, and how fast the "Racists Posts 1" thread became a war of personal insults, we now closed this thread. 

Nir

OK, point made about the legal options. 

Given that the point is now made, and how fast the "Racists Posts 1" thread became a war of personal insults, we now closed this thread. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 7, 2011 @ 21:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1500 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form