Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Best areas to live in Zurich

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best areas to live in Zurich
I'm interested in your views on the better areas to live in Zurich for a single expat with a pretty decent job. Any feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks, Jajay;)
The text you are quoting:
I'm interested in your views on the better areas to live in Zurich for a single expat with a pretty decent job. Any feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks, Jajay;)
jajayMay 16, 2008 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 6795 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best areas to live in Zurich
Post 1
Jajay,

I'm one of glocals' moderators.

This Tuesday we'll include your question in our weekly Zurich Newsletter, to increase the chance of you getting a good replies.

By the way - are you already in Zurich? If not, which country will you moving to Zurich from?

Thanks,

Nir

Jajay,

I'm one of glocals' moderators.

This Tuesday we'll include your question in our weekly Zurich Newsletter, to increase the chance of you getting a good replies.

By the way - are you already in Zurich? If not, which country will you moving to Zurich from?

Thanks,

Nir
Nir Ofek, May 16, 2008 @ 18:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Try Zollikon, it's just outside the main city centre, which is only a 10 min bus ride away ... You'd have some peace and quiet there, leaving the 'hussle and bustle' just down the road.

:-) J.
Try Zollikon, it's just outside the main city centre, which is only a 10 min bus ride away ... You'd have some peace and quiet there, leaving the 'hussle and bustle' just down the road.

:-) J.
JulianT, May 16, 2008 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hello Nir,

I will be interested by this topic. Where can I find the related newsletter?

Cheers,

Florent
Hello Nir,

I will be interested by this topic. Where can I find the related newsletter?

Cheers,

Florent

Emmanuel C, Nov 2, 2009 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi Jajay,

I've been living in Zurich for the past 5 years...

So, if you are single with a pretty decent job, I would suggest living in the Seefeld area...Its almost in the middle of the city with intersting bars, restaurants and just a 10 minutes walk away from Bellevue!
Also the area around Bahnhof Enge/lake would be ideal.

Cheers
Ehsaan
Hi Jajay,

I've been living in Zurich for the past 5 years...

So, if you are single with a pretty decent job, I would suggest living in the Seefeld area...Its almost in the middle of the city with intersting bars, restaurants and just a 10 minutes walk away from Bellevue!
Also the area around Bahnhof Enge/lake would be ideal.

Cheers
Ehsaan

Ehsaan, Nov 2, 2009 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Kreis 3 is my favourite, especially the area close to Idaplatz. Its nearby the lake, Uetliberg, city, has nice bars & cafees and yet quiet and cosy. Attracts a mix of bohemics, culture workers, middle class families, and lots of young people.

Seefeld is nice too, even more central & higher prices generally. Some parts of Wipkingen are really attractive...especially if you get hold of a flat near the river.

Kreis 3 is my favourite, especially the area close to Idaplatz. Its nearby the lake, Uetliberg, city, has nice bars & cafees and yet quiet and cosy. Attracts a mix of bohemics, culture workers, middle class families, and lots of young people.

Seefeld is nice too, even more central & higher prices generally. Some parts of Wipkingen are really attractive...especially if you get hold of a flat near the river.

hannat, Jan 24, 2010 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Posted on the same-ish subject on this previous thread, where I echo Hannat's sentiments that Kreis 3 rocks!

Posted on the same-ish subject on this previous thread, where I echo Hannat's sentiments that Kreis 3 rocks!

rich_t, Jan 24, 2010 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 6795 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form